Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Prague, Day 1 and 2 - Manifesting Happiness

I cannot even tell you what an amazing year it's been so far. I am a true believer in manifesting your own happiness through the power of positive thought and sending positive energy to the universe.

It's been one of the luckiest years of my life, and let me tell you how that started.... My mom and step-father brought me up going to all different types of churches (which I am very grateful for because I feel blessed to have a background in all different types of religious faith and truly have a respect for all). One year, they took me and my little brother to the Unitarian church on New Years Eve to a ceremony called "The Burning Bowl". I know that may sound a little "shady" to you all, but it was something that has changed my life for the better.

What you do (and what I've continued to try to repeat with either friends or family each year on New Years)- You write down all of the things you want to get rid of about yourself and your life from the past year on a piece of tissue paper. You then burn it in a bowl of fire with all of your friends, releasing that energy and putting that energy behind you. Then, you write a letter to God (or whoever you believe in - heck, it could even be one of your mentors if you don't believe in a higher power), it's all about getting out what you want to manifest for yourself in the next year... To be clear - you write a letter with what you want to accomplish in the next year and try to be as descriptive as possible.

I invited some friends over to my house for this ritual last New Year's and let me tell you the things that have come true for me...

1. I have a new job with great co-workers and leaders that mentor me, believe in me, and want me to grow professionally and personally.
2. I got a new car (I've been avoiding this for years... what a cluster experience!).
3. I am happy, genuinely and fully. I feel full of life, love, energy and health.
4. I've been doing more service for our community. Be it volunteering for races raising money for different charities, donating for causes, helping friends and loved one's move, and have a plan to make blankets for Primary Children's in Nov.
5. I'm traveling to a country I've never been to with Scotty (something I thought wouldn't come true, but I've recently been blessed to have this come into my life).

So...this brings me to where I am at now - Prague.

I won a free trip to Europe through work. I know, how does that happen right?! Well, it has been a true blessing and one of the funnest experiences of my life so far.

Day one was filled with a lot of travel. 13 hours on a plane and about an hour car ride to our hotel. We are staying in a hotel near Old Town Square right by the Astrological Clock. If you haven't researched the clock, you must. It's one of the coolest things in this world (in my opinion). It's nice that we are in they city, because last time I went to Prague (which was also an amazing experience), we were out of the town about 20 minutes and had to take a train in.

I REALLY tried to sleep well on the plane so I wouldn't be jet-lagged, but that didn't work very well and I made the mistake of taking a nap in my hotel room when I got to the hotel so I didn't sleep at all last night. Oh well, hopefully I will sleep better tonight? ; )

Even thought I didn't sleep well last night, the first night before I tried to sleep was a success. We are here with a great group of people (five of us).

We all made a bad tourist mistake right when we got in (because we were all delirious from the time change and long flights). We dropped a lot of money on bottled waters at an Irish, yes, I said IRISH pub (why we decided to go to such a place in Prague for breakfast versus an authentic Prague pub or restaurant, I do not know). Oh well, we learned from it and the food wasn't that bad.

We took a tour of the city today and saw the beautiful Gothic castle/cathedral. Our tour guide was a doll. She said that people on average only make $18,000 a year here. Us American's are blessed whether we'd like to believe it or not. As mentioned, the astrological clock is one of my favorite landmarks that I've ever seen (you know what a geek I am about astrology) ; ] Our tour guide was a Libra by the way and she got a kick out of the fact that I knew all about the clock. She kept saying "you are so smart with this stuff and looking at me funny". Well, that's what most people do when I talk to them about astrology, so I am used to it : )

It is a bit cold, but we are making the best of it. The fall colors are beautiful and I feel very blessed that I've been able to see Prague in the spring AND in the fall.

I am also very lucky to have Scotty here. I came to Prague without him last time (when I went for school), and it was very hard to be in one of the most romantic places on earth without him.

We are off to Amsterdam soon, I've never been there, but I am looking forward to see where Ann Frank lived (she's one of the only historical figures I know of that has the same birthday as me and her story is truly inspirational). I am also looking forward to seeing Van Gogh's art gallery and more Gothic/Baroque architecture. Pictures soon.

Much love - J*

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I love when great things happen for people who deserve it. You're amazing! Enjoy Prague!