Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Groupon is taking over the world...

It's official - Groupon is taking over the world (I think that was clear when they turned down Google's recent offer to buy them... who turns GOOGLE down???).

I went in tonight to use a Groupon at Nordstrom Rack. The Groupon was $25 off $50 - which I purchased for $25 initially.

The purchase was $75 and I was stoked because I only had to pay $25. I didn’t think about the fact that I already paid $25 (so I actually paid $50, but in two payments) which I am sure a lot of customers forget about and think they are getting a SLAMMIN deal. Scott says “wow, where did you get that awesome coupon! Don’t they compete with your work??” I said, "kinda, but not really."

I asked the checkout guy how often people are using them – he said 1 in 5 customers have used a Groupon since they sold on Groupon a couple weeks ago and that when the Nordstrom Rack Groupon was launched on the site, they crashed the site.

Then I came home and this was on Facebook… they are taking over the world!




By the way, I will be taking Scott to Spa Lounge to use our Groupon's for a massage tomorrow : )

I love Groupon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Groupon is the best! Every morning I get so excited to see the new deal!!!