Friday, September 02, 2011

Oprah


I am such a dork... I love Oprah so much.

I just heard about this awesome event: http://mashable.com/2011/09/02/oprah-on-facebook-live/?utm_source=erocketfuel+feed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Mashable%2FSocialMedia+%28Mashable+%C2%BB+Social+Media+Feed%29
... and decided to submit my question. Hopefully she will give me the time of day, but I won't hold my breath : )

Dear Oprah - I know you've started many philanthropic organizations and companies and that's one of the things I love most about you. I would like to know how I can get a philanthropic job or maybe start a philanthropic company. I would also love to learn how you think we can encourage people to work for and create more philanthropic companies like Tom's Shoes, Whole Foods, Seventh Generation and krochetkids.org. I think it's something that's changing the world and the way consumers think about buying goods. I also love the book - "Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid" and think you could do a cool show about that. I would love ideas on this from you. You are my hero! Thank you! - Jessica*

4 comments:

Emily, Jerimy and River said...

I would work for you. I love that idea!

Ashlee said...

Oh, I am SO glad that I am not in this alone. I LOVE Oprah! Whenever I have a bad day, I eat a whole cheese pizza and drink a box of wine while I watch an Oprah marathon! haha
The world definitely needs more Oprahs. And Jessicas. :)

Jottings By Jess said...

Ha! You are sweet. I just wish we could all have as much money as Oprah so we could actually bring our ideas for charity to fruition. : )

Menace to Society said...

That IS so dorky! But I still think you are awesome Jess!