Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Golden Age

A Golden Age A Golden Age by Tahmima Anam


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
It was very interesting to learn about the Bangladesh Liberation War and to learn about living in Pakistan in general. I liked the discussion about the ethical dilemmas mother's run into when protecting their children or finally letting them go off to follow their dreams. It has some great points about love and the different kinds of love everyone runs into during life. I'm not sure about the fact that she didn't forgive her brother in law in the end, because I'm a strong believer in forgiveness... Favorite quote: "No there had never been another time; their lives were populated by Lenin and Castro and Mujib and Anwar Sadaat; there wass only this time, this life, this fraught and crowded era, which they were bound without choice, without knowledge, only their passions, their loves, to lead and sustain them."

View all my reviews >>

No comments: