Friday, May 14, 2010

I guess it's time...

So I guess it's time to write a real blog entry for once since all I've posted recently is a bunch of movie/book reviews : ). Although those are great - I have a lot to talk about (as usual) so I guess I will use this as a venue to talk about the awesome things that have been happening in my life in the past couple of months.

As many of you know - I changed jobs two months ago which was quite a dramatic event. I was working for 1-800 CONTACTS for about 6.5 years which is A LOT of time for a 25 year old. I was very lucky to have the opportunity to work for such a great company that mentored me and helped me to become the woman I am today. I miss all of my friends and co-workers, but it was time to make a change and I know that the friendships that were supposed to last, will last.

Sometimes - although it is EXTREMELY hard to admit it - change is what is best and needed in this world. I was given an amazing opportunity to move to a new company with tons of opportunity for growth (personally and professionally). I now work for Access Development in partnership marketing. I know - can you imagine me working in "partnership" marketing with "people"? That doesn't sound like me at all ; ) No, but seriously - this job is perfect for me. I was doing a lot of the same things at 1-800 CONTACTS, but now I work on the affiliate side and am learning new metrics for success in a company that is growing faster than they can keep up with. Here's a cool article that talks about how Access is one of Utah's fastest growing companies: http://www.accessdevelopment.com/AccessNamedUtah100.HTML

Along with making the change to a new company, comes the challenge (or as we optimists like to say "opportunity") of meeting new co-workers and friends and seriously... I have met some of the greatest people in the world at Access. I can already tell that a lot of these people will be friends for life and, as a people lover - I can tell you that good people are EXTREMELY hard to find... and there are a lot of fantastic people at Access.

That's the thing about change... it's scary, and most of the time we all tend to run from it when we shouldn't. If we embrace change, we can come across amazing opportunities we never would have thought possible.

All in all, life lately has been peachy keen and I have absolutely no complaints. I am grateful for all my many blessings.

Peace. Love. and Namaste.

1 comment:

Emily, Jerimy and River said...

I am so proud of you. Change is not easy but so necesseary at times. I love you!